Re: Americans with Disabilities Act - Title III
From: Norman Gauss (normangausscharter.net)
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 07:29:15 -0700 (PDT)
Phil:

The ADA Title III applies to private organizations that engage in commerce.
If the HOA does not rent out facilities, it is not a commercial
organization.  Therefore, according to Title III, it is exempt.  Since the
car dealership is commercial, it is subject to this requirement.

Most of our residential units and our common house are accessible to people
in wheelchairs.  Our common house restrooms have extra wide stalls for
wheelchair people.  We have an outdoor spa and pool that have no steps to
climb or descend.  Thus, except for the ADA specified lift, these facilities
are accessible.

Thanks for your response,

Norm Gauss