Re: Americans with Disabilities Act - Title III
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 07:59:20 -0700 (PDT)
On 25 Jul 2012, at 10:41 AM, R Philip Dowds wrote:

> If one of those units is in fact sold to a mobility-impaired person, and that
> person discovers that some of the key condo or HOA amenities are not
> available to him/her even though s/he paid "market rate" ... what happens
> next?

We have an ADA expert living here and I can ask him any specific questions
people have. What he has said in this regard is that accessibility doesn't
require all facilities to be accessible _if_ there are alternatives.

The stairs don't have to meet all the accessibility standards for surface
treatments and bars because we have an elevator.

Not every door has to have an electric opener as long as there is one
reasonable wheelchair accessible route the person can take.

Not all the raised gardening beds have to be wheelchair accessible as long as
one is.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines