Re: Americans with Disabilities Act - Title III
From: R Philip Dowds (rpdowdscomcast.net)
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 09:19:58 -0700 (PDT)
This is true, to a degree.  But the accommodations for the disabled must not be
consistently and grossly inferior to the options for the able-bodied.  For
instance, if your building has three entrances, access for the
mobility-impaired should not be limited to the most remote door, the one by the
dumpster.  This is not a design principle, it's in the law.  Other provisions
of the law are quite specific about numbers and percentages, like what number
of spaces in your parking lot must be accessible.  So if you have forty raised
gardening beds, maybe four of them must be accessible.  (This latter, I'm
guessing ...)

RPD