Re: Americans with Disabilities Act - Title III
From: R Philip Dowds (rpdowdscomcast.net)
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 10:30:55 -0700 (PDT)
I note that the police no longer have "suspects", which I guess was deemed too
defamatory; instead, they now have "persons of interest".  Staying caught up
with correct lingo is increasingly a challenge.

In my world, I operate mostly with the technical, legal and clinical terms.
It's not an "unexpected growth anomaly", it's a "tumor".  But what does drive
me nuts is calling an inanimate condition "handicapped", like "handicapped
parking".  No no no!  It's the person who is handicapped, and the parking space
that's accessible.

RPD