Universal Design
From: Thomas Lofft (tloffthotmail.com)
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 21:50:45 -0700 (PDT)

Mary English wrote:

We did a sliding door in our handicap bathroom when we built our coho unit.
Very easy solution to the door problem.
Mary

I have an acquaintance who happens to use a wheelchair continuously and she had
all her 36" wide doorways fitted with 2 - 18" doors, one hinged to either side
door post. They meet together to latch. She swears by them as extremely
convenient, unobstructive to corridor traffic and easy to operate. Some were
even full glazed as French doors; very attractive.

TOM