Re: Cohousing-L Digest, Vol 102, Issue 33
From: Sandy Thomson (sandyheartwoodcohousing.com)
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 11:00:53 -0700 (PDT)
hi,
Sandy from Heartwood Cohousing here.  We had basically the same problem after
10 years of a totally volunteer system.  Here is what we came up with and it is
working beautifully.
I put up a rotation every 6-7 weeks depending on how many people are
participating.  Then at the end of two weeks I take it down fill in the blanks
and post the next 6-7 week schedule.
here is the policy:
Every 6-7 weeks we have a new sign up for the common meal work rotation here is
the policy:

Common Meal Participation System
Please sign up for any two slots per adults. Teens (13 and older) may add their
name to any day or choose to fill a slot by cooking (only one slot required for
teens).
If you switch with someone or cook for them be sure to indicated on this sheet.
If you do not sign up by the specified date you will be assigned a spot and
will be responsible for finding a replacement if you are unable to fulfill your
assignment.

If you do not plan on eating more than once a month at the common meals you are
exempt from the rotation but you need to tell Sandy ahead of time, preferably
before the new rotation sign up sheets go up or at least before the new
rotation is posted.

If you have any questions or think you will be unable to meet this requirement
please let me know and we can work something out.
Sandy