Re: Energy and Idealism
From: oz (ozozragland.com)
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 12:24:15 -0700 (PDT)
>From my travels and conversations, I see wildly different levels of
engagement at mature communities. It would be nice to better understand
this phenomena.

Here at Songaia, its often said that part of the glue which helps hold us
together is our active food program, which Doug described in his recent
Coho-L post:

http://lists.cohousing.org/archives/cohousing-l/msg34854.html

This makes sense to me, as I see most of my neighbors at least a few times
per week in a comfortable, casual, social space.

This research report from Coho/US would also seem to provide support for
the importance of active food programs in having a community with active
participation.

http://www.cohousing.org/docs/2011/survey_of_cohousing_communities_2011.pdf

Oz

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 11:21 AM, Sharon Villines <sharon [at]
sharonvillines.com