Assume Option Is In [was Solving the Cooking Challenge
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 10:25:54 -0700 (PDT)
On 1 Aug 2012, at 1:14 PM, Zev Paiss wrote:

> Every quarter the meal coordinator sends out an email asking what days
> people are NOT available to cook in the upcoming calendar quarter.

I love the default being opted in unless people specifically opt out.

It sets the assumption that you live here, you are a member of the community,
you participate.

Instead our assumption has become, "If I am interested, I will let you know."
Members can safely ignore communications because they know it doesn't make any
difference in most cases. Not a good direction but hard to change once it gets
set.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines