Re: Help with meals problem
From: Don Benson (benson6451aol.com)
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 11:55:15 -0700 (PDT)
I think it would be very interested to know more about the survey and how
"satisfaction" was explored or defined, and for whom.

Specifically, my points of concern are the contrast between a 1.  top-down,
fixed, highly structured system/process and a 2.  self-organizing, flexible
bottom-up process as they relate to the
1.  Challenge of maintenance of the process as we observe the activity level
(high) and the constraints described in the various examples provided in this
thread, which seem to strongly represent type 1.;
2.  Building and sustaining the fabric of the community, social capital,
resilience, etc.

A secondary dimension is also interesting, to understand the initial conditions
for the responding communities.  Specifically the distribution of type 1 and 2
between, for example, communities that were founded primarily by developers vs.
relatively cohesive groups of people.

Don Benson
503.296.7249