Re: Troublesome Community Members: What's a Board to do? - Community Meetings
From: Holly McNutt (holly.mcnuttgmail.com)
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 08:43:40 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks to everyone who has responded so far.  We will look back through the
archives for that case mentioned where a Board DID take legal action, just for
educational purposes - I don't think we will need to go that route, just
curious.

Just to clarify, tho, this is definitely NOT a Board-only problem.  It's been
going on for a loooong time with issue after issue from this one person.  The
community has been in conversation with this individual many times before, in
one-on-one and group discussion.  At this point, the Board feels like we need
to know our options in case of legal action, to protect the community.  As a
Board, we've been perhaps too slow to deal with this, allowing others who are
more skilled in mediation to handle it to date, and they have been.  But there
is only so much even the most skilled can do.  And we need to be prepared in
case it escalates further.

Thanks for the advice and keep it coming!
- Holly