Land Use on Coho Acreage
From: Thomas Lofft (tloffthotmail.com)
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 14:20:12 -0700 (PDT)
GREAT TOPIC!! Sounds like a conference workshop topic. Or a complete conference
in itself. I'm really looking forward to the responses. By all means, you're
definitely on the right track, completing a site anaysis first, looking for the
constraints of flood plains, wetlands, steep slopes, fragile habitats, etc.,
being sensitive to potential adverse impacts as well as best utilization. Tom
LofftLiberty Village, MD Subject: [C-L]_ Land Use on Coho Acreage
To: "cohousing-l [at] cohousing.org" cohousing-l [at] cohousing.org

Hi there,

Here at Belfast Cohousing & Ecovillage we are in the process of thinking about
how people are going to be able to use our undeveloped 35 acres.? Some thinking
by our group in the past has been that there will be some sort of proposal
process and reviewing committee where people can propose to do individual
projects (one family wants a big raspberry patch), small group projects (a
couple people raising a milk cow together), or community projects (where
everyone finances and helps out - like a community orchard), and the committee
helps them along the process and coordinates the placement of the project on
our land.? The idea is to have an "inventory map" of our land, showing good
agricultural soils, wet spots, etc., that will help guide project placement.