Fwd: [TakomaDC] Re: native Washingtonian, but never a property owner
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 08:30:10 -0700 (PDT)
And for Maryland:

> In the state of Maryland, as a first time property owner, you are eligible to 
> avoid the state transfer tax which is .25% of the sales price.
> Other than that, there are down payment assistance programs both with the 
> state and with Montgomery County.  
> For a one to two person household buying anywhere in the state of Maryland, 
> with income below $127,320, you are eligible for a $5000 down payment 
> assistance loan.  
> For a two person household buying in Montgomery County with the same income 
> limit, you are eligible for a 3% down payment assistance loan.  If you work 
> in Montgomery County, you are also eligible for an additional 5% of the sales 
> price in assistance, with a cap of $10,000.
> If you want more information on the above programs, check out 
> http://www.hcii.org.  This is a non-profit which I am a part of and we teach 
> first time buyer classes for the county and state programs in Rockville.  You 
> are required to get counseling from this organization or a similar one to get 
> down payment assistance.  Here is the link to the full list of counseling 
> agencies: http://www.mmprogram.org/counseling.aspx

Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC

  • (no other messages in thread)

Results generated by Tiger Technologies Web hosting using MHonArc.