Re: Land Use on Coho Acreage
From: Nancy Baumeister (nancybeepeak.org)
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 12:37:56 -0700 (PDT)
How much land should be devoted to food growing is a matter on ongoing discussion at CoHo Ecovillage in Corvallis Oregon, as we are in the process of updating our land use plan after 5 years of residence here. Food crops seem to be mostly in competition with recreational space and wild space and also with what people think is nice to look at.

I think that collaborating with people in the larger neighborhood on food crops has been an excellent strategy for relieving the tension. Even in a city there is lots of underutilized space.

Nancy