Re: Mortgage lenders and cohousing
From: Lautner, Patricia (Patricia.Lautnerumassmed.edu)
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 11:01:30 -0700 (PDT)
It's not time to panic about Chase nationwide until we know more.  Hopefully
they only have a problem with our condo docs and this is not a bigger problem.

To clarify, I learned from a local Broker in Boston that Chase is no longer
giving loans to cohousing because of 'marketability' reasons.  I asked her to
find out more information specifically what marketability problems meant.
Since this particular Broker sells mostly to Chase, she has stopped accepting
applications from our community.  I asked her if this was a Chase policy just
for JPCohousing or is Chase blocking cohousing nationwide?  She's not sure and
is helping me to answer that question.

Patti
JPCohousing - Boston