Re: Mortgage lenders and cohousing
From: Doug Chamberlin (chamberlin.douggmail.com)
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 14:23:30 -0700 (PDT)
On 8/27/12 3:59 PM, Ann Zabaldo wrote:
> O this drives me crazy.  You have pending buyers for your cohousing community
> and Chase is worried about "marketability?"   Really?  Am I confused?  Isn't
> the definition of marketability people wanting a loan to buy a particular
> home in a particular community -- it sort of strongly infers marketability of
> the home and the community?  Isn't that what we call "demand?"
Oh, this drives me crazy also. But I suspect that "marketability" in
this context refers to the bank's ability to re-sell the mortgage to
another bank (or other financial institution). A whole different kettle
of fish than what you are responding to. So, yes, I think you were
confused by the wording here.