Mortgage lenders and cohousing - Again, it's all in a label
From: Thomas Lofft (tloffthotmail.com)
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 16:26:00 -0700 (PDT)
[From: "Lautner, Patricia" <Patricia.Lautner [at] umassmed.edu>
Subject: Re: [C-L]_ Mortgage lenders and cohousing
To: Cohousing-L cohousing-l [at] cohousing.org

"Most cohousing communities have the word "Cohousing" in their name.  Kind of
hard to hide if it's the name of your HOA. "]  Liberty Village, MD  was zoned
and platted as the Liberty Village Planned Unit Development in 1995. The
Community Association was named the Liberty Village Community Association
(LVCA). No one ever really wanted to create the headache of a screening or
selection committee  or worry about any buyback provisions for anyone else's
property.  Many have refinanced their mortgage debt to lower rates in the past
four years, without any adverse lender backlash. I guess we all owe our good
fortune to the prescience of one of the founding partners who wrote all the
LVCA docs and adopted the principle "Don't wave a flag if you don't want to
become a target." Thanks for writing,

TOM LOFFT