Re: Mortgage lenders and cohousing
From: R Philip Dowds (rpdowdscomcast.net)
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 17:45:42 -0700 (PDT)
The interesting issue here is, Why, exactly, would a lender fear cohousing?  I
am guessing, but I am imagining that cohousing has lower turnover, fewer
defaults and bankruptcies, and more reliable debt service, and rollover of
debt, than most developer-driven condo projects.  You'd think national Coho
could accumulate and process this kind of data, and it could be brought to bear
on loan decisions around the country.  Unless, of course, our lenders are
driven by ideology, and immune to information.  Could this be true?

RPD