Re: Mortgage lenders and cohousing
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 06:06:18 -0700 (PDT)
In this discussion it would be most relevant if you distinguish clearly between
mortgages awarded _after_ April 2012. That is when federal regulations changed.
Any experience before that date is not helpful in the current climate.

I just checked our most recent sale, for example. It was completed in April but
the negotiations had been done in March. And since it was a purchase from a
long gone owner who had been leasing and was then in bankruptcy court, there
may have been judicial intervention as well.

The buyer also reported that 3 years before, they had gotten a mortgage
approved the next day. In March 2012, it took a month. (He uses eTrade but they
no longer do mortgages.)

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines