Project Approval by FHA or FNMA
From: Pat Elliott (pat.elliottcomcast.net)
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2012 21:04:31 -0700 (PDT)
Hi everyone,

Wolf Creek Lodge in Grass Valley, CA, a senior/active adult cohousing project,
is nearing completion (possibly in the next month). We are seeing a train wreck
approaching with respect to getting individual loans with the new regulations
that have been commented on in this forum.  Katie McCamant, our developer, is
trying to get the project pre-approved by FHA or FNMA.  She has been told
recently that "FHA doesn't deal with cohousing" but she hasn't been able to
actually find a person in the bureaucracy to talk to about this.

So, my question is, does anyone know of a cohousing project that has received
project approval from FHA or FNMA that we can hold up as an example?  And
perhaps talk to someone involved in that process?

I would appreciate any information or suggestions anyone can provide.

Pat