Quick farming question
From: Nessa Dertnig (nessamainecohousing.org)
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 04:14:42 -0700 (PDT)
Hi everyone,

We're still trying to nail down our land use plan over here in Maine, and I
have a quick question for you.

Does your community (or any that you know of) have a successful community-owned
farm, that provides food only to cohousing members? (Where the community buys
and owns the farm infrastructure and pays a farmer to do the work, and then
only the community members get the food).  I'd love to hear any comments on
successful projects that seem similar (maybe where the farm is community-owned
but the food is also sold elsewhere) -- or on attempts at this that have
failed, or why this may not work or may not be a good idea.

A few details: we will have 36 homes clustered on about 5-6 acres, with 42
acres of land in total.

Thanks, as always, for taking some time to respond!

Nessa

www.mainecohousing.org
Where we're still looking for new neighbors!