Re: Consensus landscape?
From: Jerry McIntire (jerry.mcintiregmail.com)
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 09:42:48 -0700 (PDT)
Hire a designer who will work with everyone and create an overall plan.
Perhaps your group feels they are too far along to do or need that, or they
don't want to spend the money.

Is this for Troy Gardens?

Grasslands are *native* to Wisconsin and mowing can be easier than
gardening as well as sustainably done. Biodiesel and electricity can work
as fuels. I use an electric riding mower. RoseWind Cohousing used a
biodiesel powered riding mower the last I'd heard. Kids love space to play!

You might try Mark Shepard's STUN method  for managing perennial food
plantings. Mark is a well-respected permaculture designer and owner of New
Forest Farm in SW Wisconsin. http://www.forestag.com/index.html

--
Jerry McIntire
Stone's Throw Ecovillage