Re: Vaues and aims distinction-Vol 104, Issue 18
From: Monty Berman (mberman116hotmail.com)
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2012 04:04:37 -0700 (PDT)
9/22
I think Sharon Villines' distinction (see below) between values and aims makes
sense to consider in the choices we make regarding what foods we eat and what
resources we take from the environment. One example that comes to mind for me
is my vegan/vegetarianism. I choose this eating aim but value violating it
when, on the rare occasion, I'm served meat at a friend's house or chicken is
the only high protein item at the cafeteria where I have some of my lunches.
Side note: I think highly of making disitnctions.
Monty Berman
Founding member, EcoVillage at Ithaca, NY

Message: 3