Re: consequences (WAS resources on individualistic people...)
From: Eris Weaver (eriserisweaver.info)
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2012 09:30:15 -0700 (PDT)
My guess is that your community, like most, has many many agreements &
policies BUT no methods for enforcing them with any types of consequences.
Once the honeymoon is over, participation and compliance inevitably
decline if there is no mechanism for reigning in bad behavior. What did
you do when he cut down the common tree? Did you require him to replace
it, to pay a fine, to do some other work to make up for the damage he
caused the community?
--
Eris Weaver
Facilitator & Group Process Consultant