NVC Restorative Circles
From: LindaPM (lindapmaol.com)
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 15:56:22 -0700 (PDT)
I heartily second Jerry's recommendation of Restorative Circles, a powerful
process for bringing healing, reconciliation, and restorative action.
Restorative Circles are an outgrowth of NVC (Nonviolent Communication) begun by
Dominic Barter.  Below is a link to Dominic's website, and an excerpt from the
home page.

In peace,
Linda Hutchins-Knowles
San Jose, CA

http://www.restorativecircles.org
Welcome!
This is a temporary home for our ongoing learning of Restorative Circles, a
specific restorative practice whose development began with the work of Dominic
Barter in Rio de Janeiro in the mid 1990s and continues with a growing
community both in Brazil and internationally.

A Restorative Circle is a community process for supporting those in conflict.
It brings together the three parties to a conflict – those who have acted,
those directly impacted, and the wider community – within an intentional
systemic context, to dialogue as equals. Participants invite each other and
attend voluntarily. The dialogue process used is shared openly with all
participants, and guided by a community member. The process ends when actions
have been found that bring mutual benefit.

Restorative Circles are facilitated in 3 stages designed to identity the key
factors in the conflict, reach agreements on next steps, and evaluate the
results. As a circle form, they invite shared power, mutual understanding,
self-responsibility and effective action.

Please watch the videos, read the blog and online articles, attend one of our
learning events and collaborate with those developing practical responses to
community safety and empowerment.