Re: Community and Individual Maturity Re: 1. Re: resources on individualistic people becoming . . .
From: Don Benson (benson6451aol.com)
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 06:48:52 -0700 (PDT)
There are a couple of models of adult development that are useful.  The best
(for me) which recognizes that the motivation/impulse for change comes from
inside, not external.  The learning though is how to connect with people who do
not operate with the same motivations, such that they can still achieve some of
the same outcomes.  powerful when dealing with I vs we or across religious or
political boundaries, or with your children.  THe challenge is to honor who and
where they are coming from.

The book is Sprial Dynamics by Beck and Cowan.   Additional books include
Immunity to Change and others by Kegan

Don Benson
503.296.7249