Re: requirements about maintaining private property
From: Elizabeth Magill (pastorlizmgmail.com)
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 14:58:54 -0700 (PDT)
Does the "offending" household get upset if the HOA maintains the plantings?

Officially, we have front yards as the responsibility of the HOA. So I imagine
"they" could come in and clean up a yard. What really happened is that our HOA
didn't have money at move in, so we have done the front yards, each household
or building, ourselves. But since we didn't change the policy, I imagine "the
HOA" could decide to change what I have out there.

In my internal household dynamics I one day figured out that if I wanted the
house clean then I had to clean it. And if I got mad that the other person
didn't want it clean, that didn't change their behavior, but DID make me
miserable. So now I clean up what I want clean. And I do it because I want to.

Its different of course if someone is doing damage that the HOA might later
need to pay for but for garden things... why not just put it on the list for
work day and do the work so the community gains the nicer space?

-Liz
Elizabeth Magill
www.worcesterfellowship.org