Text Only in Emails [was Parenthood and childhood in cohousing
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 06:38:38 -0700 (PDT)
On Oct 30, 2012, at 8:54 AM, Fred H Olson <fholson [at] cohousing.org> wrote:

> The newsletter that was attached ( "pasted below") to the message (way
> below) as viewed as text (what cohousing-L distributes) is very ugly
> and hard to use. I'm concerned that the "tracking urls" in it may
> deteriorate (the "View this web version" link in it already has).

I think it is entirely reasonable to ask CohousingUS to produce a text-only
version. I restrict my personal email to text because it is faster, easier to
archive, and to cut and paste the info into other documents for storage or
reuse. When a blur HTML coding arrives, I hit delete.

I moderate a list of almost 2,000 members and all messages are restricted to
text. It's nice to be able to load the images in private messages when I want
them, but in email I'm interested in the information, not the flash and dash.
For that I go to websites. A link works fine.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines, Historic Takoma Park, Washington DC
"We are confronted with insurmountable opportunities." Walt Kelly