Re: choice of glassware
From: Lynn Nadeau / Maraiah (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 08:49:12 -0800 (PST)

I used to be a preschool teacher and Duralex glasses are tough! Known quality. Shouldn't be a problem in a dishwasher, as you'll have, I assume an appropriate rack for keeping each one in place, either the sort divided into boxy spaces, or the upright 'stems' that support plates etc. So they won't be bashing about. We've been using our glasses for 12 years now - they aren't Duralex, but I'd be happy if they were. Any breakage has not been in the dishwasher.

The only thing I'd advise is avoid stemware. We have wine drinkers, and they like stemware, but it's fragile and needs to get hand washed.

Maraiah Lynn Nadeau
RoseWind Cohousing, Port Townsend WA
where it's still shirt-sleeve weather in the afternoons, and the vegetable garden is full of good harvest