Re: Getting the work done
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 05:25:31 -0800 (PST)
On Nov 10, 2012, at 9:10 AM, Monty Berman <mberman116 [at] hotmail.com> wrote:

> What comes upon for me with the difficulty and concern about Getting the work
> done.
> Something of the order of having it be a topic of one of your meetings. Not
> who will do some of it but more along the lines of looking to get the
> residents "best thinking" on the subject. Not from a place of who will do
> what but, again, looking for best thinking on the subject. From a place of
> "let's think together on this."

This sounds good to me. Where are we on this? Not how do we get "those people"
to do something but "What is happening here?" What is it we want and want to do?

I forwarded it to our workshare pod that is silent to moribund these days.

What I'm hearing more and more of is neighbors being tired of waiting for
neighbors to do something. They don't want to be dependent on people who may
nor may not respond this or next week or maybe for two months.

Perhaps this is our fast-paced life. Or it may be that we have so many options
in other parts of our lives that we can pick and choose. In Cohousing we have
narrowed our options to this team or this point person. If they don't respond
we are stuck. Elsewhere, we just switch providers.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC