FUTURE PERFECT: Advice for Forming Communities on Getting the Work Done
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 06:09:00 -0800 (PST)
Hello all --

I appreciate Karyn Stack's email query on workshare systems that work for
currently completed coho communities.  We've been through this discussion many
times.   No system is perfect and we all (pretty much all!) seem to struggle
with one of the basic tenets of cohousing -- sharing the work.

Without getting into that discussion ... I have a parallel question for the
list.

What advice would you give a FORMING community on what to do about
participation in workshare after move-in  w/ the usual caveats of health, age,
etc.?

Would you advise setting up a pay or play system front the beginning?  (after
move in not impossible but hard to institute).

What would you say to a forming group about workshare?

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington, DC