Re: Common laundry question
From: fergyb2 (fergyb2yahoo.com)
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 08:56:39 -0800 (PST)
Dear Jerry,
      Swans Market Cohousing in Oakland has 20 units with a total of 27 adults
and 3 children currently and we have 3 washers and 3 dryers in our common
laundry facility ( one single person household has their own washer and dryer,
the rest of us all use the common facilities). We've had this configuration for
12 and 1/2 years so far and it continues to work well and seems adequate.  We
have a system where we mark the machines with magnetic letters corresponding to
our units so that if the load is done and someone else needs the machine they
can unload the laundry into one of the several large plastic tubs we have for
that purpose with the letter on top so there is no confusion about whose
laundry is where and machines don't stay tied up with completed laundry in
them. We have had as many as 30 adults and 7 children (including 2 in diapers)
in the past and it worked then too.  Hope this helps.
              Bonnie Fergusson
              Swans Market Cohousing
              Oakland, CA

Sent from my iPad