Equity Funding agreements
From: Marion Pape (marionpapeshaw.ca)
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 11:14:39 -0800 (PST)
We are a new cohousing community in Victoria, British Columbia called Fernwood
Urban Village and will soon be ready to request equity funding as a commitment
to purchase a unit which will pay for pre-construction costs which include
detailed design, marketing etc. We plan to sell 80% of the units before we go
for a construction and land acquisition loan.
There will potentially be a total of 31 units and build-out population is
estimated at 45. We have 16 members at the present time and several more in
process.
We are waiting for City approval of our project with several variance requests.
Expect it early in 2013 with construction completed 18 months later.

Does anyone have an agreement in the early stages of a project for potential
equity investors to sign that would clarify who is able or willing to commit to
the project?

 In a few months, we will be seeking a $20K equity commitment and may be asking
all members to pay a monthly fee to cover ongoing operating costs. Would it be
useful to develop an investor package at this stage?We will also be seeking
additional investment from members and friends of cohousing at this stage.

Thanks for your ideas and assistance.

Marion Pape
Coordinator, Fernwood Urban Village