Laundry facilities in co-housing
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 04:33:39 -0800 (PST)
LL <llpens3601 [at] gmail.com>
after deleting quoted digest.

I have read with interest the opinions on the value of having common
laundry facilities vs. in-unit facilities.  I wonder if common laundry
facilities present a burden to older residents who may find it
difficult to carry laundry back and forth between their unit and the
facility.  I have a friend who had arthritis flare-ups in her legs and
hip and could not easily get to the laundry facilities in her co-op
building,  which was not co-housing, but similar.  Carrying laundry
was more of a burden.  She was forced to hire someone to do her
laundry, which she could have done herself if she had laundry
appliances in her unit.  Since many people buying into co-housing are
older and who may become less agile,  I wonder if this is not a
serious concern to potential buyers.

Louise