Re: Language
From: Eris Weaver (eriserisweaver.info)
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 12:07:22 -0800 (PST)
Sharon Villines <sharon [at] sharonvillines.com> wrote:
        >"Dealing with homelessness" is very nice.
        > We were encouraged to think of and
        > refer to the folks we were serving as "dealing with homelessness,"
not
        > "homeless people." What a difference that made.

Another re-framing I heard was "houseless" rather than "homeless." Some
people who have houses travel, are disconnected from place, etc. and don't
necessarily have a "home." Some who don't have houses are very intimately
rooted in their place.

Eris
Who recently got back from working with Ravens Roost cohousing in Anchorage,
where I imagine it would be very difficult to be houseless.
eris [at] erisweaver.info
707-338-8589
http://www.erisweaver.info

fa cil i tāt: to make easier