Re: Language
From: Pastor Liz (pastorlizmgmail.com)
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 13:42:22 -0800 (PST)
a good general rule that helps me is that the people come before the
box that is being used to categorize them...

thus
people who use wheel chairs
people who live with disabilities
people who do not have immigration papers
people whose first language is not english
etc....

For my outdoor church I have fun with it
people who do not have houses
and
people who do have houses

at least one person who DOES have a house does a double take on that one.

-Liz
Mosaic Commons, Berlin MA

-Liz
(The Rev.) Elizabeth M. Magill