Re: AED for common house
From: fergyb2 (fergyb2yahoo.com)
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 16:22:34 -0800 (PST)
       We have one here at Swans Market Cohousing, You also need to buy
pediatric pads and encourage your members to take a basic first aid/CPR class
so they will be appropriately trained. The fire depts as well as the red cross
offer classes around here. The machine is easy to use and talks you through it
but you should know CPR. It made sense as part of our emergency planning. We
have a security and emergency Preparations Committee who recommended the
purchase last year. Because we live in a high risk for major earthquake zone we
tend to take the need to prepare for disasters fairly seriously.  We try to be
prepared to be self sufficient and care for each other without outside help for
a week or so.
               Bonnie Fergusson
               Swans Market Cohousing
                Oakland, CA