Re: Common laundry question
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 05:39:38 -0800 (PST)
ROBERT BERNSTEIN <bbbrnstn [at] aol.com> Wissahickon Village CoHousing
restoring subject line and after deleting quoted digest.

Wissahickon Village Cohousing in Philadelphia is Seeking a Site
and aims to be inclusive, urban and sustainable.
See http://wissahickonvillagecoho.com/  Too bad, I dont think they
have a worm hole to Minneapolis.

I belong to Wissahickon Village CoHousing in Philadelphia.  We are just
beginning to consider things like whether or not we want laundry facilities
in our homes as well as the Common House.  I do not have children, but while
growing up my family had to walk through the Laundry Room to get the Garage,
and it seemed like every time we left or entered the house we switched loads
of laundry from the washer to the dryer and/or emptied the dryer.  Laundry
for a family of five was a never ending task.  I would like to hear from
families raising children what it is like living w/o a washer and dryer in
your house, or put another way what is it like having to do laundry for a
family in the Common House?

Bob Bernstein
Wissahickon Village CoHousing