Re: Common laundry question
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 07:34:48 -0800 (PST)
On Nov 30, 2012, at 9:20 AM, "Lautner, Patricia" <Patricia.Lautner [at]
umassmed.edu> wrote:

> The best thing about the laundry room for us was that there are three
> washers.  We have two kids and we would take our two or three loads down at a
> time and get them all done at once.

And in addition, even if you have a machine at home, having the CH back up is a
life saver. They fill in when our machines are broken, and allow us to have
smaller machines. The big stuff is done in the CH.

I do however prefer the option of paying for use of the washers and dryers. The
idea that everyone uses facilities equally--if they don't use this one they use
that one--has not borne out here. Some are heavy users of many things. With
washers and dryers which have a life-time directly proportionate to their use,
a payment per load would compensate for their repair and replacement.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC