Re: Common laundry question
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 20:21:10 -0800 (PST)
On Nov 30, 2012, at 9:13 PM, Katie Henry <katie-henry [at] att.net> wrote:

> If you are planning a laundry room, have your architect leave plenty of room
> for
> folding tables, drying racks, shelving for people to store their laundry
> supplies, and incoming/outgoing laundry baskets. It needs to be a lot bigger
> than a laundry room in a conventional condo/apartment building since it is
> much
> more of a communal space.

Our laundry room is around the corner from the living room and dining room.
People often fold in the laundry room if they are the only person there. Some
take laundry home to fold. But others use the dining room tables, take it to
the living room to watch TV or sit by the fireplace.

One household folded laundry in every membership meeting for years.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC