Re: Common laundry question
From: Ellen Keyne Seebacher (ellepobox.com)
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 19:59:30 -0800 (PST)
On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 06:13:52PM -0800, Katie Henry wrote:

> it's a good idea to have a laundry closet or space in every unit
> with hookups.  If the buyers don't want their own equipment, they've
> got an extra closet. If they do want their own equipment but there's
> nowhere to put it, that could be a turn-off or even a deal-breaker.

This is what we did at Mosaic Commons.  In nearly all the unit types,
though, the laundry areas were designed for stacking washers and
dryers -- only the 4-bedrooms accommodated those of us with standard
equipment.  (I'm grateful for that much -- we bought a 4-bedroom and
our fourteen-year-old appliances are still going strong!)  I haven't
heard that having to buy new appliances was a dealbreaker for anyone,
though.

--
Ellen Keyne Seebacher                   elle [at] pobox.com