Re: Creating more affordable cohousing - a personal story...
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 04:37:03 -0800 (PST)
Re: [C-L]_ Creating more affordable cohousing - a personal story...
Mariana Almeida <missmgrrl [at] yahoo.com>
Fred, the Cohousing-L list manager <fholson [at] cohousing.org> after
deleting a large amount of quoted previous messages.

EVERYONE:
PLEASE delete any quoted material not needed to make your point.
People can always refer ack to prefious messages or the archives.
Most Cohousing-L subscribers are in digest mode and wading thru
thru quoted copy after quoted copy of previous messages is a
pain for digest subscribers.

Everyone, please make a new years resolution to only quote what is
really needed and to check what is below where you typed your reply to
see what your your email program quoted without asking.

Mariana, sorry that your reply just happened to get this rant too
for emphasis. It's not just you, it is a general problem that we
have the list has had for years.  Fred

Thanks for all that, Oz! Really appreciate understanding where you're coming
from and how the priorities have shifted.

One thing I'd like to know about: I thought that the fair housing laws which
govern affordable housing practices made restrictions on residents (such as
you "must be want to live and participate in cohousing") impossible. I
thought that requirements for participation in cohousing were incompatible
with publicly-funded (or even privately-funded) housing developments. How is
this being handled? Or maybe I have some part of the story wrong, not sure.

Best regards,

Mariana