Re: Affordable Cohousing
From: Wayne Tyson (landrestcox.net)
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 13:02:06 -0800 (PST)
VERY well said!

WT

----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Benson" <benson6451 [at] aol.com>
To: "Cohousing-L" <cohousing-l [at] cohousing.org>
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2012 12:41 PM
Subject: Re: [C-L]_ Affordable Cohousing

Back to the point made by Oz, what do each of the parities to the process (architects, developers, potential owners) want and need. My experience is that each has a different set of needs/wants. I see these in the differences between developments driven by developers vs. those driven by a cohesive group of buyer/owners.

Some of these differences are obvious (vendors income, cash flow) and some are deep and not thought about and certainly not realized until after the event (think 17 year old with flaming hormones or many lottery big winners). How do "we" value the opportunity of community (to be developed not given. i.e. work) vs. the instant pleasure of a hot tub or sauna?

Don Benson
503.296.7249

It is neither wealth nor splendor, but tranquility and occupation which give happiness. (Thomas Jefferson 1788)