Re: Architecture Re: Affordable Cohousing
From: rpdowds (rpdowdscomcast.net)
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 04:44:48 -0800 (PST)
Mr Tyson --

Do not be confused. Cohousing is an exciting and rewarding alternative to the
impersonality, selfishness, and me-first, profit-first philosophies that plague
our modern social and economic lives. But cohousing communities do not happen
by good intentions alone. They happen in a context of land use regulation,
finance, construction and real estate law, and multi-disciplinary interaction
of the modern American economy. Most efforts at promoting intentional community
do not succeed. Those that do succeed are the ones that learn how to do
business.

R Philip Dowds AIA
Cornerstone Cohousing
Cambridge MA