Re: Is Cohousing Cheap(er)?
From: oz (ozozragland.com)
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 13:20:56 -0800 (PST)
My point is that many who live in cohousing today have indeed made that
exact decision. Almost everyone living in our community previously lived in
larger homes.

In our case, our 1,100 sq ft home included 1/13 interest in a 4,000 sq ft
common house. Dividing the 4,000 sq ft by 13 homes yields 307 sq ft of
shared space per home.

Adding 307 sq ft to the largest Songaia homes (1,800 sq ft) is still
slightly small than the median sized home completed in the US (2,169 sq ft.
in 2010).