Re: Affordable Homes at Nomad Cohousing
From: David L. Mandel (dlmandelpacbell.net)
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2013 01:05:49 -0800 (PST)
Thanks.
I also asked offline, but since there is more interest ...
What is the legal mechanism that ensures permanent affordability? We had what
sounded like a similar mechanism for 11 of our 25 units when we began but were
disappointed to be told that it could not be permanent. Nineteen years later,
only a couple of those 11 remain with their original, (then) low- or
moderate-income owners. The rest have reverted to market rate.
David (Southside Park, Sacramento)