Sociocracy/Dynamic Governance workshop w/John Buck, Sheella Mierson on 2/26-27, Wash DC
From: Diana Leafe Christian (dianaic.org)
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2013 09:00:31 -0800 (PST)
Dear friends and colleagues in the Cohousing Movement,

I wanted to let you know about a workshop on Sociocracy (also called Dynamic Governance) which will take place in Washington D.C. Tuesday and Wednesday, February 25 and & 27.

I highly recommend Sociocracy/Dynamic Governance as an excellent governance and decision-making method for cohousing and other kinds of intentional communities. This workshop will be presented by John Buck, co-author of the first book on Sociocracy in English -- We the People -- and the man who brought Sociocracy to the English-speaking world. He teaches Sociocracy and consults for groups internationally.

Sociocracy is used in businesses and nonprofits, and it's _also_ used in communities. For example,. Katywil Cohousing in Massachusetts; Cohabitat Quebec (a cohousing community) in Quebec City, Quebec; and Lost Valley Educational Center/Meadowsong Ecovillage in Oregon all use Sociocracy and like it.

Here's a wonderful 6-minute video by some Lost Valley members saying how they switched from consensus to Sociocracy, and why they like it. http://sociocracyconsulting.com/resources/videos/ Just scroll down to the fourth video on the page. It's inspiring!

I'll be teaching a Sociocracy here at Earthaven Ecovillage in North Carolina at the end of March too, but I wanted you to know about John and Sheella's February workshop because it's sooner, and it's John Buck himself -- the primary Socicoracy expert and trainer in the US -- and Sheella Mierson, an experienced and very effective trainer herself too.

        Thank you for reading this!

        Diana Leafe Christian
        diana [at] ic.org