Re: Consensus and voting bylaws
From: R Philip Dowds (rpdowdscomcast.net)
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 04:07:40 -0800 (PST)
Two comments:

I don't know your jurisdiction, but your state likely has enabling legislation
for condos or HOAs, and this legislation probably spells out strict notice and
voting rules for certain decisions, like Board elections or special
assessments.  To stay legal, you should comply with BOTH state regs AND your
own consensus practices whenever you attempt a decision governed by state regs
(which may not be many decisions, just "big" ones about money).

Also, consider putting your consensus rules and methods into something like an
"Apppendix A / Consensus Manual", and referencing that Manual in your Bylaws.
That way, when you re-think and revise your consensus practices (and you will),
you don't have to go to the Registry and re-file the Bylaws.

RPD

Sent from my iPad