Re: What Is Process?
From: Wayne Tyson (landrestcox.net)
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 16:24:27 -0800 (PST)
Don and others interested:

I'd go even farther without going as far. So-called "primitive" societies such as the pre-contact Polynesians and some Native American groups had the issue of how to get along with each other quite well worked out long before so-called "civilizations" adopted hierarchical control, and many such groups still retain much of that social heritage even today. I have had direct experience with the Hopi people and the "Pueblo" peoples in the American Southwest. Cohousers could do worse than to read about how those folks have handled cohousing long before it became what it was in Denmark around fifty years ago and what it has become today. Ruth Benedict and Dorothy Lee are just two authors who have studied and written very clearly on the subject, and I believe that I have suggested Laura Nader's work on conflict resolution in Mexican villages in previous posts.

WT

----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Benson" <benson6451 [at] aol.com>