Re: What Is Process?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 17:43:03 -0800 (PST)
On Jan 14, 2013, at 5:40 PM, Don Benson <benson6451 [at] aol.com> wrote:

> Again it appears to me that you are wanting to collapse the discussion of
> process to a particular type of event (decision making) and group (community)
> to the gathering or meeting of the group for the purposes of making a
> decision.

I asking a specific question based on a perception by one of our members that
there is a difference between "process" and "decision-making" in cohousing
membership meetings. Is this a distinction that makes sense to others.

In discussing the fate of our kiosk, the facilitator asked if people had any
suggestions about what process might help us make this decision. The response
from one person was "this isn't a process, It's a decision."

Does anyone understand that distinction? (I don't.)

This is an on the ground in a meeting -- how do we proceed question.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines, Historic Takoma Park, Washington DC
"Behavior is determined by the prevailing form of decision making." Gerard
Endenburg