Re: Decision-Making [was What Is Process?
From: R Philip Dowds (rpdowdscomcast.net)
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 09:11:00 -0800 (PST)
I too have noticed this.  We have recently converted from a "decision rule"
(thank you Diana) emphasizing unanimous affirmation to one emphasizing the call
for, and resolution of, objections.  In general, the new procedure is working
better ... and yet, some people remain reluctant to make a clear, concise
statement of their objection(s).  In some cases, it seems to be because they
are avoiding conflict and argument, or fear their viewpoint will not stand up
to reasoned rebuttal.  In other cases, it might be that they are uncomfortable
stating their REAL objections.  Finally, there may be some who simply want to
stall things out in a miasma of vaporous difficulties, none of which are
defined in ways that allow for remedies.

RPD

Sent from my iPad